26 september 2007

The story of the pillow and the book

Last spring I dreamt I had a huge black leather pillow decorated with five rings. I have been writing a love-story about black man and white woman, having huge doubts if I should publish it or not, if it was ready or not, if it was good enough and those wonderful questions that comes to one creative mind.

I was sure that the five rings meant I should write it five times as I did and then lay on the pillow until next year maybe.

Then I met a young woman in Ireland and she said I was afraid. I gave it a thought and told her about the dream of the black pillow and my idea I should lay down and wait, think, rest, sleep...

She said I couldnt be sure of that meaning. Perhaps it meant something else.

And today in an old church, thousend year old church, I went in, and in the cellar of the church, behind a glass, there was a book laying on a pillow.

It was open and you could read it.



*

Engin ummæli: