08 desember 2007

Emotional relationship with a shop

I created a emotional relationship with a store in Dublin, it was an antiq-shop standing at the north bank of Liffey where all the busses goes from. I saw it the second day in Dublin, there are two big wheeles outside, must be the fortuneswheeles from the witches in Macbeth. Inside there are all this old stuff, statues, hats, tables, and what I loved most: Eggs. From the period of Victoria, many eggs together in a box. 200 euros. I was lucky to be sick the last days, otherways I probably would have bought them. I used to come by and ask: How are my eggs. It was in this store I met Paddy and heard the Victim-Theory. And there I bought the red purse with all the diamonds to assure me I would become rich of my new book. And in this store I met the only Irishman who knew of the connection of Ireland and Iceland in the past and told me how St. Brendan went on his leather-boat (a football) to Iceland with his friends-munks and they made love to some Icelandic elf-ladies and thats how I came into this world. I dont remember the name of the merchant because I always called him St. Brendan and when I wasnt asking about my eggs, I asked, Hi St. Brendan, where is your leatherboat... in Liffey? He knew about Surtsey and knew some Icelandic Chessplayer Guðmundur, a very fine man, - Last time I saw him I praised his jacket and told him I must blog about his shop. Oh no, he said, dont tell anybody, this shop is a secret.

Engin ummæli: